From: Christopher Athaide (cathaide_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-12 12:50:41

I have just started using the Boost libraries in VC++.NET - Please bear with
me if this seems too simple. I am having trouble compiling this simple class
library.

//-------------------------------------------------

#include "boost/date_time/gregorian/gregorian.hpp"

#include "boost/date_time/date_parsing.hpp"

namespace First

{

      typedef boost::gregorian::date customDate;

}

//-------------------------------------------------

I get the error message:

"cannot open file 'libboost_date_time-vc71-mt-sgd-1_31.lib' "

I saw the note by John Maddock and I tried to include this code at the start
of the file but it did not help.

//
// Automatically link to the correct build variant where possible.
//
#if !defined(BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB) && !defined(BOOST_WHATEVER_NO_LIB) &&
!defined(BOOST_WHATEVER_SOURCE)
//
// Set the name of our library, this will get undef'ed by auto_link.hpp
// once it's done with it:
//
#define BOOST_LIB_NAME boost_whatever
//
// If we're importing code from a dll, then tell auto_link.hpp about it:
//
#if defined(BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK) || defined(BOOST_WHATEVER_DYN_LINK)
# define BOOST_DYN_LINK
#endif
//
// And include the header that does the work:
//
#include <boost/config/auto_link.hpp>
#endif // auto-linking disabled

Clearly I am missing something (maybe quite simple.) I appreciate any help
in this matter.

Thanks

Chris