From: goochrules! (goochrules_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-15 16:58:09

I was unable to find any reference to this on boost.org or in the
mailing lists, so...

Is there any way to specifiy the '-install_name' for ld to use when
building boost for OS X? I see that currently the relative path to
some sort of staging area in effect is used, for example, for
libboost_thread-1_31.dylib, otool -L returns (among others):

> otool -L libboost_thread-1_31.dylib
libboost_thread-1_31.dylib:
        bin/boost/libs/thread/build/libboost_thread.dylib/darwin/release/shared-linkable-true/libboost_thread-1_31.dylib
(compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)

Alternatively, I suppose I could link the .o files (in
$boost/bin/boost/thread/build/libboost_thread.dylib/darwin/release/shared-linkable-true/)
manually; is there anything I should look out for if I choose this
path? Are there any other object files I need to include?

-- Matthew Peltzer
-- goochrules_at_[hidden]