From: Jean Francois Poirier (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-24 13:30:43

> The version in the lib has it's std lib in namespace "std" rather than
> "_STL", I'm guessing that STLPORT_PATH was setup incorrectly and so the lib
> build didn't include the STLPort headers. Either that or else __STL_DEBUG
> was set inconsistently between the two builds (bjam turns it on for debug
> builds).

> John.

Touché. Hadn't looked at resulting VC command-line and indeed, STLPort
was not included properly. Only now, after much hair-pulling, inclusion
of STLPort headers with <stlport-iostream>off leads me to another perplexing
point:

C:\boost_1_32_0\boost/shared_ptr.hpp(431) : error C2039: 'basic_ostream' : is not a member of '_STL'

followed by a bunch of errors stemming from the absence of basic_ostream.

I looked through shared_ptr.hpp's inclusion path for missing references to
ostream or somesuch but could find none.

(building with <stlport-iostream>on works, but does not achieve what I want)

Could it be that my path settings are leading to ostream never being included?

Many thanks,

jeff poirier
Software Designer / Servers Group,
VertigoXmedia