From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-27 13:37:44

MessageHi, Michael

Looks like you are trying to use Test Execution Monitor. For documentation
check
http://www.boost.org/libs/test/doc/components/test_exec_monitor/index.html

Specifically look on Usage section, tht answer your question in details.

Regards,

Gennadiy

> I apologize in advance if this turns out to be a linker problem not
related to boost. So here goes:

> For compatibility/legacy reasons, we can not use the Boost.Build jamfiles
to build our application. Accordingly, I've written a set of traditional
makefiles to build
> the project's executables and have run into difficulties.
>
> Specifically, when I try to link my test program against the boost test
libraries, I get an error message (reformatted for easy reading) saying that
the reference to
> test_main can not be resolved. Here's the spew (formatted to make it
easier to read):

g++ -g3 -L../long/debug -L/usr/lib -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib/stlpor
t -L/usr/local/lib/boost
> -o "debug/unit_test" debug/longtest.o
> -lLong
> -lboost_unit_test_framework-gcc-mt-p

If you are using Test Execution Monitor you dont need to link with above
library, only with one below.

> -lboost_test_exec_monitor-gcc-mt-p
> -lpthread -lc
>
> /usr/local/lib/boost/libboost_test_exec_monitor-gcc-mt-p.so: undefined
reference to `test_main(int, char**)' collect2: ld returned 1 exit
> status make: *** [debug/unit_test] Error 1
> According to nm, the undefined reference, test_main, is defined in the
exec_monitor library. I've tried reordering the libraries but no joy. Any
advice and/or hints