From: Jeffrey Holle (jeff.holle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-28 13:38:38

I'm attempting to apply the boost::serialization library to my application.

Because it is fairly large, I've choosing to implement the serialize
methods as non-templates. Such a tactic is used in some of the
examples, for instance demo_polymorphic_A.hpp. This means that I don't
include any boost.serialization or boost.archive headers in my
definition files. A forward reference to the specific archive object is
made instead.

I've run into trouble with an object wrapped in a shared_pointer.
To solve this, I've attempted to defined the
BOOST_SHARED_POINTER_EXPORT() macro in this object's definition file.
This necessitates including boost/serialization/shared_ptr.hpp.

The problem is no matter what position I place this include file in this
*.h file, I get the following error.
boost/serialization/shared_ptr.hpp:26:2: #error "include
<boost/serialization/shared_ptr> first

This is a self reference, what is it trying to say?

In other words, what do I have to include before
boost/serialization/shared_ptr.hpp to make it happy?