From: Alo Sarv (alo17_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-29 13:11:31

Hi

I'v been compiling boost libraries objects straight into my application
binaries on linux and OSX platforms (e.g. not using bjam/stat/dynlibs),
and thus far it has worked. However, recently I started getting multiply
defined symbols on OSX, namely _1, _2, _3 etc. Most likely they come
between Boost.Function and Boost.Signals libraries (latter of which I
started using recently).

My question is is it inherently bad idea to compile boost objects like
this straight into application binary (e.g. should I always use bjam?),
or there any other workarounds to avoid those multiple symbols on OSX ?

Alo Sarv.