From: Michael Glassford (glassfordm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-29 13:51:57

"Roland Schwarz" <roland.schwarz_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Stefan Shishkov wrote:
>
>>I have a similar leak on Windows with the dll version of boost
>>threads 1.32.
>>Perhaps this is the same leak reported by gast128 in the thread
>>"Memory leak
>>reported using threads library". A mutex is created in DLLMain ->
>>on_process_enter -> init_threadmon_mutex. It seems that this mutex
>>is never
>>deleted and there is no comments that this is intentional. On
>>Windows the
>>size of the mutex is 8 bytes and it creates a CRITICAL_SECTION in
>>its
>>constructor - 24 bytes.
>>

> Indeed this seems to be the same. The reason for it's existence
> however is the same as for the
> documented one. Michael are you listening?

Yes, I am. I'm just back from several days of vacation, which is why I
didn't reply before.

> I remember vaguely that Michael having found a way
> to do without it. Am I remembering correctly?

I briefly had a solution that didn't use one, but rejected it as
incorrect; the reasons are brought up in the comment starting at line
41 of tss_hooks.cpp.

We should certainly look into deleting the mutex and fixing the leak.

Mike