From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-01 20:08:50

Jeff Garland wrote:

> .rant on
> While I understand your point, I think we should push for reform in Redmond.

<rant snipped>

Microsoft is now a much better citizen than it was when it first
introduced the min/max macros into their platform headers. That wouldn't
fly at MS these days. But, having worked there, I know why they would
strongly resist taking the macros out. It's a breaking change, and users
have a "fix" -- #define NOMINMAX. (The fact that there is at least one
platform header that depends on them is clearly a bug.) What I'm trying
to say is, Redmond has already reformed quite a bit -- the revolution is
over, we're just left coping with its aftermath.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting