From: Thomas Witt (witt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-02 22:11:00

Duane Murphy wrote:

> I have found boost::iterator to be awesome. Using boost::iterator to
> build new iterators is actually easier than the docs seem to make it out
> to be. It seems like it might be a case of "you can't see the forest
> because of the trees."

Well the truth of the matter is that there are quite a few trees. The
bad news is that iterators are way more subtle than one might think. The
good news is that most of the time you won't realize that. Though that
might cause problems down the line. Think about the old don't derive
from an iterator problem. You can get away with it for a long time.

As far as the library doc's are concerned I think they have to deal with
the trees, though it is perfectly possible that the docs are to focused
on the subtleties.

Thomas

--
Thomas Witt