From: Mark Helzer (Mark_Helzer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-03 12:25:16

-----------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:57:05 -0000
From: "John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]>
Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Newbie using regex libraries
To: <boost-users_at_[hidden]>

> In developing a very simple test, I ran into an issue with the
library.
> I linked with libboost_regex-gcc.so and ran into a relocation run time
> error -- undefined symbol: __dso_handle.
>
> I found the symbol in libboost_regex-gcc-mt-d-1_31.so.1.31.0. I
linked
> with that and my test works.
>
> So, it seems odd that I would not use one of the more generic library
> names (ending in .so). Is this perhaps a configuration issue on my
> part?

Those two libs should be the same thing, in fact I think one should be a

link to the other shouldn't it?

No, they are not. Although that is what I would have expected...
-rwxr-xr-x 1 eoapi clients 4976367 Apr 22 2004
libboost_regex-gcc-mt-d-1_31.so.1.31.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 629005 Jun 29 06:16
libboost_regex-gcc.so

I shall clean it up and try rebuilding

John.