From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-05 18:05:26

At 08:29 AM 12/5/2004, Surya Kiran Gullapalli wrote:
Hi,
I've this code, which is supposed to work on both windows and linux OS.
I'll get a particular directory/file path from a fileselection dialog,
where by i process this path.

The question for me, is I'm using the boost::filesystem::path constructor
like this.

boost::filesystem::path p (path_from_fs_dialog, boost::filesystem::native)
;

Its working fine on linux (as the string path_from_fs_dialog contains "/"
as directory separator).
when comes to windows path_from_fs_dialog contains "\" as the directory
separator, and the path constructor is throwing exception.

What could have been the reason? I've to change the namecheck function from
"native" to "no_check"

Any ideas what might have gone wrong?

Maybe it isn't the backslash that is causing the problem. What exactly is
the value of path_from_fs_dialog::string()?

--Beman