From: Sergey Skorniakov (s.skorniakov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-07 04:42:01

Hello, Robert!
You wrote on Mon, 6 Dec 2004 10:25:07 -0800:

 ??>>
 ??>> Its look like that I need to reimplement the whole
 ??>> basic_iarchive_impl. Am
 ??>> right?
 ??>>
 RR> I don't think that would be necessary nor would it be desirable.

 RR> The way I would go about is to make an "memento_iarchive" class as an
 RR> "archive adaptor". This template would be used to alter the function
 RR> of any other existing archive to convert it into a "memento" archive.
 RR> See attached sample. This sample adapts any existing archive class to
 RR> a "memento" equivalent by overriding the serialization of pointers to
 RR> simple copy of the de-referenced data.

 Thanks, Robert. This great! No one can say why I tried to override
load_pointer member. If I already know real object types, I can just create
special output archive and load objects with incompatible input archives,
without worring about tracking and object creation stuff. This works fine.

With best regards, Sergey.