From: Katti Faceli (katti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-07 10:56:15

> Dev-cpp has an include subdirectory so that's not the problem, after all
> it's supposed to search the system headers without any intervention.
>
> The problem is known issue with mingw in that it doesn't handle quoted
> arguments correctly and breaks at the spaces. (if I remember correctly)
> You can "solve" the problem by installing dev-cpp in a path without
> spaces in it, like c:\dev-cpp.

I install dev-cpp in the path c:\dev-cpp. It works better. Now I got the
messages:

FileClone C:\Boost\include\boost-1_32\boost\variant\detail\variant_io.hpp
FileClone
C:\Boost\include\boost-1_32\boost\variant\detail\visitation_impl.hpp
...failed updating 80 targets...
...skipped 24 targets...
...updated 3360 targets...

I am building with:
bjam -sTOOLS=mingw -sMINGW_ROOT_DIRECTORY=C:\Dev-Cpp install

Most of the libraries were built, but now I am trying to compile the
filesystem example "simple_ls.cpp" and I am getting undefined
references linking errors:

[Linker error] undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::initial_path()'
[Linker error] undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::native(std::string const&)'
[Linker error] undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::path::path(char const*, bool (*)(std::string const&))'

What is wrong now?

Katti