From: Yuguang Xiong (shrek2099_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-08 18:04:53

First of all, Boost 1.32.0 can be compiled correctly
in IA32 platform without any problems.

But when I tried to compile it on Itanium2 system, I
ran into the following problem:

I issued the standard building command:

bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc" install

which supposes to compile both the debug and the
release , both the static and the dynamic, both the
single-threading and multi-threading versions,
specified by the default value of the BUILD variable:

"-sBUILD=debug release <runtime-link>static/dynamic
<threading>single/multi"

However an error always occurred when the compilation
went to this place:

gcc-C++-action
bin/boost/libs/thread/build/libboost_thread.so/gcc/debug/shared-l
inkable-true/threading-multi/barrier.o
In file included from
/home/xyg/downloads/boost_1_32_0/boost/thread/detail/confi
g.hpp:18,
                 from
/home/xyg/downloads/boost_1_32_0/libs/thread/src/barrier.c
pp:12:
/home/xyg/downloads/boost_1_32_0/boost/config/requires_threads.hpp:47:5:
#error
"Compiler threading support is not turned on. Please
set the correct command lin
e options for threading: -pthread (Linux), -pthreads
(Solaris) or -mthreads (Min
gw32)"

Since my Itanium2 runs RHEL 3.0 with the standard GCC
3.2.3, the same version of the GCC that I used to
compile Boost in RHEL 3.0 on IA32 platform, I don't
understand why this error happened.

Could anyone tell me how to get Boost 1.32.0 compiled
smoothly on Itanium2 machine? Any information are
greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!