From: Yuval Ronen (ronen_yuval_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-12 03:40:10

> > However, thread1, as returned by create_thread, and the thread_ref
> > returned by current_thread inside the newly spawned thread will indeed
> > be equivalent. They will not only compare equal, but will be
> > interchangeable in every way.
> Very good.
>
> Do You plan to change the current implementation ( would be a partial
re-implementation) ?

How about comparing address of thread objects (using the current design)?
Will that satisfy your needs?
As I explained some messages ago, if threads are noncopyable, you can use
address of thread objects as a comparable thread_id, while not needing the
implementation details (such the Windows handles) at all. If you use this,
you need to be careful not to create a thread using the no-parameters
constructor, becuase it will entirely ruin my philosophy...