From: Cromwell Enage (sponage_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-14 21:56:50

One of the core functions in my multi-state mazes app
automagically creates graphs that are conceptually
like the one in the attached program. In this case,
the shortest path from vertex 0 to vertex 11 is also
the only simple path from vertex 0 to vertex 11.
Also, unlike a regular maze, there are no dead ends
(only cycles), so no matter how far one deviates from
this simple path, there is always a way back.

To that end, I'm trying to write a function that gives
users a path to the end vertex (11) from any other
vertex in the maze graph. Unfortunately, this
function currently works properly only when given the
start vertex (0).

I've tried both breadth-first and depth-first search.
The cycles seem to be throwing them off in a manner I
haven't figured out, yet. I'll keep investigating the
problem, but if anyone else has dealt with something
like this before, please let me know how I should
proceed.

                             Cromwell D. Enage