From: Duane Murphy (duanemurphy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-20 21:33:38

--- At Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:49:09 -0600, Stephen W. Carson wrote:

>Has anyone used boost on CodeWarrior 9 for Mac? Our Mac programmer
>tried compiling boost v1.30.0 on CodeWarrior v9.3 running on MacOS
>10.3. She got a slew of compile errors, (beginning with a check()
>macro). Is there any point in proceeding?

I am using various parts of boost on CW 8.3 on both 9 and X.

I don't use all of boost (does anyone?) but the parts I use do work. I
only "compile" two libraries, regex and test. Everything else I use is
headers.

Basically CodeWarrior just works. The usual process is to drag the
sources to the library you want into a project and compile. Of course
headers just get included and just work.

There are problems if you try and use #pragma once. Boost relies on many
many reentrant include files. We generally relied on pragma once as a
more modern equivalent to guard definitions. We modify a number of boost
headers to disable our enabling of pragma once.

 ...Duane