From: Stuart Dootson (stuart.dootson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-21 03:23:57

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:30:35 +0100, Meißner, Joachim
<meissner_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Environment:
> MS 7.1 compile with MS implementation of STL
> Boost 1.32.0

> I get an internal compiler error using boost::variant as a parameter of a
> boost::signal compiling with MSDEV 7.1, but not with gcc3.3/3.4 or MinGW (3.5).
>
> Does anyone knows a workaround other than not using boost::signals?
>
> Details
>
> Using a signal with a variant of 2 simple classes (see code snippet) leads to an
> internal compiler error C1001. Using pragma command to turn optimisation off as
> Suggested by the compiler does not change a thing
>
> Does anyone knows a workaround?
>
> Regards, jom

Could you get away with using a boost::function instead of a signal
(i.e. do you *really* need multi-casting, connection management etc?).

BTW - like Victor, your fragment doesn't ICE with my VC7.1 (version
13.10.3077) and Boost 1.32.0...

Stuart Dootson