From: Foster, Gareth (gareth.foster_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-23 06:09:41

Hello,

Just a general interest question which came to me reading the email below.

Are there any critera for what can/can't be added to boost? Somebody was
telling me about ACE recently, which apprently attempts to wrap POSIX with
C++. It looks like there is overlap there with Boost. Does Boost have some
similar aim, to be a set of libraries covering a certain anlge, or is it
litterally a collection of useful code?

Would something like a GUI abstraction system be considered? Or is the limit
perhaps things that could resonably make it into the STL?

Hope that isn't off topic,

Thanks!

Gaz