From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-26 07:43:56

"Arkadiy Vertleyb" <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> "Andy Little" <andy_at_[hidden]> wrote
>
>> in upgrading the documentation. Among the bones of contention in a review
>> would be the type deduction mechanism, which is a major part of the
>> library,eg a substitute for current lack of decltype, auto typeof etc.
> ( I
>> dont think it will be possible to do units really cleanly until C++ has
> this
>> in place in the language).
>
> I remember you once considered using the BOOST_TYPEOF facility. Have you
> decided against using it after all?

No I simply havent tried it out with pqs. I apologise as I said that I
would try it in pqs out some months ago. I will try to spend some time on it
and get back to you.
However there are various aspects to type deduction and I dont expect
BOOST_TYPEOF to cover all of them. I think it is more of a user mechanism.
rather than an implementation mechanism. ( Well for me as macros cause me
error finding problems... maybe this is a user issue too.) pqs requires a
fair amount of template machinery in the implementation ( and I think some
might be needed in pqs even with mods to the language).

regards
Andy little