From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-26 20:22:19

"Malloc" <malloc_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> hey there...
>
> I recently downloaded, built, and installed Boost 1.32.
>
> I am attempting to use the Boost Unit Test Framework but am running
> into difficulties figuring out which lib to link to.
>
> I am compiling with MS VC++ 7.1. The headers appear to be discovered
> as they should be, but the linker is failing
> to find the correct lib. I have tried many of the libs which were
> created by the build, but these all create more errors
> (typically to do with redefinitions of std:: functions). At this
> point I am only trying to compile the example code
> supplied on the projects web site.

Which example?

> some of the libs I tried:
>
> libboost_prg_exec_monitor-vc71-mt-1_32.lib
> libboost_test_exec_monitor-vc71-mt-1_32.lib
> libboost_unit_test_framework-vc71-mt-1_32.lib

You need only one of the above depending on with component you are using.

> some articles I found online advised turning on mutithreading in the
> compiler properities, enabling run time type identification, and
> setting exceptions to /EHa

This seems like right direction to look.

> I've done all of this but nothing is working, it really just looks
> like a linker problem.

There isn't much I could help here. It's obviosly some kind of flags
mismatch between library and test compilation. What I would recommend to do
is add MS VC library project into your solution (they are located in build
directory). Compile and use library produced by it. And compare fllags.

> Thanks for any help
> Dave

Gennadiy