From: Alexey Bakhvalov (bakhvalov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-31 09:15:18

Hello,

I have a problem when I try to include "boost/format.hpp" from Boost 1.32 in
a project that uses STLPort library.

I am using MSVC 7.1 and the compiler prints the following error:

\boost\format\format_implementation.hpp(216) : error C2244:
'boost::basic_format<Ch,Tr,Alloc>::size' : unable to match function
definition to an existing declaration
\boost\format\format_class.hpp(58) : see declaration of
'boost::basic_format<Ch,Tr,Alloc>::size'
definition
'basic_format<Ch,Tr,Alloc>::size_type
boost::basic_format<Ch,Tr,Alloc>::size(void) const'
existing declarations
'boost::basic_format<Ch,Tr,Alloc>::size_type
boost::basic_format<Ch,Tr,Alloc>::size(void) const'

If I switch back to Boost 1.31 or don't use STLPort then the problem goes
away.

I just wonder what can be the cause of such strange error because I can't
see any difference between function's definition and declaration. Also I use
many other Boost libraries and don't have this problem with either of them.