From: Frank Maddin (frankmad_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-05 12:39:02

> If you're using a signal from two threads concurrently, you will most
> likely see random crashes and other bad behavior. Signals keep a lot
of
> state, even when they are being invoked, so just about anything can
> trip it up.
>
> > I am curious because, I am wondering in my ignorance, what are the
> > components of the boost::signal library and how they can be
> > multi-thread
> > capable. This ofcourse is answered by reviewing the code.
>
> Ideally, a thread-safe Signals would allow you to invoke in several
> threads at one, disconnect signals in several threads concurrently,
> etc.
>
> Doug

Just to make sure I understand, this is only a problem if you are using
the *same* signal from two threads concurrently. This is what I've
thought, but the phrase *If you're using a signal* makes me want to
check. Not trying to nit-pick, just trying to make sure there isn't
some situation I don't understand.

Thanks,
Frank