From: Austin Bingham (austin.bingham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-06 12:48:09

> a) I believe that native binary archives will handle this without out change
> as they just copy the bits to the archive and back. As long as you read the
> archive on the same compiler/os/machine, there should be no issue.

I think I've been misinterpreting this bit here. I originally took
this to mean that the binary archives are not portable across
platforms. Is this the case, or is it just that NaN specifically isn't
portable (to non-IEEE 754 machines, I guess)? In the end, we're hoping
to use the binary format anyway, and i can work around the text format
limitations since I'll only be using it for debugging.

Austin