From: Maximilian Wilson (wilson.max_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-06 18:25:56

I'm using gcc v 3.3, Red Hat Linux (not sure what version), and Boost
1.32. I'm trying to learn the serialization library, using the demo
program from http://boost.org/libs/serialization/example/demo.cpp .

I have had a little bit of trouble figuring out the boost install
procedure for this library but I think I finally did it with:

bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc" install --libdir=/home/max/boost
--includedir=/home/max/boost -with-serialization

But when I execute "g++ -I/home/max/boost/boost-1_32 -L/home/max/boost
demo.cpp demo.o" I get a bunch of linker errors. I'm pretty sure I've
messed up this install procedure somewhere, and the Boost docs have
tentalizing references to serialization not having "automatic
linking," but I can't figure out where to go next. What am I doing
wrong?

Max Wilson

--
Ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
They make a desert and call it peace.