From: Philippe Mori (philippe_mori_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-06 17:25:20

I am using CodeWarrior 9.3 for Palm OS development and I was looking at the
possibility of using boost::function class in my code.

Because my application is big and the data segment is already almost full
(even if I uses extended mode), I do not want to uses RTTI (at all, if
possible).

When I compile the code I get the following warning "RTTI option is
disabled" at the line with the following macro call
BOOST_FUNCTION_COMPARE_TYPE_ID in function
boost::detail::function::functor_manager::manage().

Also, a lambda function like (((1.0 * _1 + 2.0) * _1 + 3.0) * _1 + 4.0) * _1
+ 5.0 cause my data segment to increase of 6K which is huge when the limit
is 64K...

Using a static function (and not using boost::lambda) instead does not cause
such increase of the use of the data segment.

Another thing that I have noticed is that the compiler get very slow as I am
starting to uses some boost libraries like that (a few more seconds per
file).

Philippe