From: Sergey Skorniakov (s.skorniakov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-12 04:30:13

Hello, Robert!
You wrote on Tue, 11 Jan 2005 08:13:55 -0800:

 RR> I'm still looking into the other question

Are you talking about memento archive? Sorry, Robert, I forgot this idea for
a while. I had big problems with scalability of my RPC - very long compile
time with Intel 8.1 and C1204 error with VC. I had found that the most hard
to compile code is the MPL-based handling of polymorphic types and have
migrates some parts of my code from serialization library to very simplified
ersatz, using your library mostly for parameters marshalling and serializing
function wrappers and other helper class in non-polymorphic manner. Thus, I
had imlemented almost all of the desired functionality without memento
archive (however, passing pointers to non-const polymorphic classes still
requires useless assignment).
Also, I had found that in some situations it is more convenient to use
custom-defined replacement of BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT instead of relying on
including nesessary and only nesessary archives headers. May be, you will
provide some macro to disable BOOST_STATIC_WARNING in iserializer.hpp, line
405 and in oserializer.hpp, line 385 for VC (I see that there are no
warnings for other compilers)? In addition, among removing warnings this
will slightly decrease the chances to got C1204 error.

With best regards, Sergey.