From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-12 18:42:38

The serialization library really creates two
libraries:libboost_serialization.lib and libboost_wserialization.lib (note
the w). If the platform/compiler doesn't support wide char i/o (e.g.
mingw) the libboost_wserialization.lib will fail to build. The library
libboost_serialization.lib will function as advertised.

In short, if wide characters arn't supported - don't use them and you'll
have no problem. Note that our test matrix includes dests for mingw and
alll the wide char tests fail for this reason. This does not alter the
utility of the narrow char version of the library.

Robert Ramey