From: Vasco Lohrenscheit (valoh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-19 13:24:51

At 18:41 19.01.2005, you wrote:
>Is there a reason you can't use events/delegates? They should be
>faster than boost::signal and boost::function

Yes, I want to have a clean seperation between pure ISO c++(+boost) and
managed c++. I use boost::signal, boost::method and boost::bind in my pure
c++ modules where the main parts of my application are implemented. Managed
c++ I only use for the gui with Windows.Forms. Therefore I want to bind the
gui directly as possible to the pure c++ modules and don't want to pollute
my application part with nonstandard c++. So using events/delegates
everywhere is no alternative, plus till now I prefer boost::bind over them
(parameter swizzling and default parameters which events/delegates afaik
don't support).

btw: Have you any links supporting your events/delegates faster then
boost::signal/boost:function statement? How much faster are they?