From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-19 14:24:20

Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
> At Wednesday 2005-01-19 11:12, you wrote:
>> The Boost config header win32.hpp used to disable these but no longer
>> does. You can disable the macros yourself by defining NOMINMAX before
>> including Windows headers.
>

> remind me of the logic behind requiring the user to now #define NOMINMAX

The old win32.hpp unconditionally #undef'ed min and max. In their place,
win32.hpp defined global min and max templates. However, these didn't
behave quite the same way as the min and max macros. In some situations,
the calls were ambiguous, and at other times, the behavior of some
users' programs was silently changed. This is a Bad Thing. So we don't
monkey with the min and max macros anymore.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting