From: cheesy4poofs (cheesy4poofs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-19 13:21:01

> This is due to the min and max macros defined in <windows.h>
> (or one of the headers it includes).
>
> > If I switch back to boost 1.31, no problems. I'm sure
> there must be a
> > simple solution. Any help would be appreciated!
>
> The Boost config header win32.hpp used to disable these but
> no longer does. You can disable the macros yourself by
> defining NOMINMAX before including Windows headers.
>
> Ben.

Thanks for the info. I looked thru some boost headers and noticed some code
like: (std:min)(x, y)

On a whim, I added this to my code and BINGO, everything compiles fine. I
am curious why this fixed it though? Is it because the preprocessor mangled
the "min" before the compiler saw it? And the parenthesis, in effect,
prevent the preprocessor from expanding the macro?

Thanks,
Scott