From: Paul (elegant_dice_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-20 02:37:54

> so, it appears that testing the checker using the address of a
> function
> is unreliable in a DLL context? Have I compiled my program/library
> incorrectly? I am not too familiar with DLL details etc, can someone
>
> else please shed some light on this?

More news, I have managed to hack a path around this problem by adding
a function called 'get_native()' to the set of free functions in the
filesystem library. It simply does 'return native;', so I can be sure
both my program and the DLL library are talking about the same thing.

Doesn't other parts of boost use similar tests against function
addresses? I assume these would be broken too? This hack won't last
forever, whats the correct way to solve this?

Thanks
Paul

http://au.movies.yahoo.com