From: Daniel Goller (morfic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-23 22:04:44

Robert Ramey wrote:
> The current state of the boost serialization library in different of
> compiler/library/os combinations is best appreciated by reviewing our
> current test matrix:
>
> http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost-regression/developer/serializatio
> n.html
>
> Most problems, including the one referred to above, seem to be related build
> issues such as compile and linking switches. The bjam system minimizes
> these in our test environment. I would suggest building the libraries with
> bjam to address the above issues.

we are using bjam for 1.32.0

not ever having built boost before i am not 100% sure it is done right
(im more of a windows user (boost wise) that includes a few headers,
never built the libs on windows)

i can show you the command lines used, i went over the docs, and *to me*
it seems fine, but apparently this isn't really the case

the build process will also display the
> actual command used for building and linking which can be compared to one's
> own setup.
>
> Good Luck
>
> Robert Ramey

BOOSTJAM=./tools/build/jam_src/bin.linux${arch}/bjam
BOOST_TOOLSET="gcc"

python_version
# Build bjam, a jam variant, which is used instead of make
cd ${S}/tools/build/jam_src
./build.sh ${BOOST_TOOLSET} || die "Failed to build bjam"
cd ${S}

# actual build
${BOOSTJAM} \
-sBOOST_ROOT=${S} \
-sPYTHON_ROOT=/usr \
-sPYTHON_VERSION=${PYVER} \
-sTOOLS=${BOOST_TOOLSET} \
--prefix=${D}/usr \
--layout=system \
stage || die "stage failed"

${BOOSTJAM} ${MAKEOPTS} \
-sBOOST_ROOT=${S} \
-sPYTHON_ROOT=/usr \
-sPYTHON_VERSION=${PYVER} \
-sTOOLS=${BOOST_TOOLSET} \
--prefix=${D}/usr \
--layout=system \
install || die "install failed"

where ${S} is the source dir of boost as it is unpacked in a temporary
location in gentoo