From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-24 18:46:47

Bill Lear wrote:
> Below is test code that shows the problem. It is working with text
> and failing with XML serialization --- perhaps I'm simply not
> understanding something else that I need to do,

Anything that works for text must work for xml (assuming NVP is used
correctly) so by definition you've found a bug. I will look into this - it
shouldn't be too difficult.

> though we are using XML serialization extensively

You must be, this is the third bug you've found in the system. And this is
in spite of having run 200 tests with 5 or six different compilers!

One thing I notice rigth off the bat. I believe there is a bug in the 1.32
version that will be fixed in the next version regarding the usage of < and
> characters in NVP names. That is :

BOOST_SERIALIZATION_BASE_OBJECT_NVP(std::vector<T>)

in your case. try changing the name to remove the < and > characters and
see if that helps. try:

ar & boost::serialization::make_nvp("vectorT",
boost::serialization::base_object<name >(*this));

Robert Ramey