From: Leon Mergen (leon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-27 06:19:42

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 10:59:03AM -0000, John Maddock wrote:
> >>I've posted the stacktrace when the problem occurs and the source of the
> >>code 'that matters' below. It also occurs in another function, I've
> >>posted the other function too. I hope anyone has any experience with
> >>this,
> >>or is able to help.
> >
> >As an addition (sorry for the double-post), I also receive assertion
> >faults for the regex library:
>
> That's more worrying, do you have a test case that reproduces the issue
> (preferable a single threaded one!)

Hello John,

Well, the problem is, I've only seen this fault a few times; it's
certainly not a consequent bug (as in, I could run the program three
times and the problem only occured once), *and* as far as I am aware
these problems only occur after a few minutes when two threads are doing
heavy processing (think about around 50 calls a second to this
function)...

... since I've built-in the mutexes I don't have this problem at all
anymore; however, if I see this problem again and it's reproducable,
I'll cut it down to a test case and put up the source code.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Leon Mergen