From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-28 09:27:15

"Stefan Strasser" <sstrasser_at_[hidden]> wrote

See http://www.boost-consulting.com/metaprogramming-book.html, appendix C.

> because I've written a few metafunctions which determine the virtual
> bases of a class and write them to a map, which you can use for not
> calling virtual bases twice.
> and it worked but with larger hierarchy structures I cancelled GCC after
> 5 minutes and 600 MB of memory.

If you wrote everything correctly in terms of algorithm complexity, and it
is still slow with GCC, see if you use metafunction forwarding, and try to
remove it. It is a known problem that GCC is very slow with metafunction
forwarding.

HTH,

Arkadiy