From: Ross Boylan (ross_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-28 22:44:28

A couple of follow up points.

The function that seems to be returning the funny value is defined only
in a header file.

I am completely unable to get a bool that prints as anything but 1, even
when I initialize it with another value or overwrite the same memory
location with another bit pattern. (obviously I didn't try false or 0).

The strange behavior persists at -O0 and with -fno-default-inline. With
those settings I see in the debugger that the original variable from
which the value is taken is a boolean with value 76.

The test fails even if both sides get static_cast<bool>