From: Terje Slettebų (tslettebo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-29 17:22:58

>From: "Yuval Ronen" <ronen_yuval_at_[hidden]>

> >>Any chance of hearing from the official booster on these matters?

> > Gennadiy Rozental:
> >
> > If you mean original author of lexical_cast, I wouln't count on it.
Kevlin
> > is rare guest here. As for "official" part: you are as official as
anybody
> > else.
>
> Does that mean that I can obtain access to the boost CVS with write
> permissions and start making changes?

Yes, if there's a good reason for it, such as if you have a library that has
been accepted into Boost, or is helping maintaining one of them.

> I hope that the boost code is a
> bit better protected. If any hooligan like myself can come and make
> changes to fit his desires, then it sounds weird...

You first need to get permission. :) That typically also means that at least
someone among admin, or other boosters, knows you well enough to think
you're not a "hooligan". Also, I think anyone starting to screw up the CVS
will see their write permission revoked faster than you can say "commit". :)
Any files "deleted" may always be brought back, for example. I think you'll
find that the Boost library is in good hands.

> Or in a more humoristic note:
> "I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member"
> (Groucho Marx of course, inaccurate quote)

:)

Regards,

Terje