From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-30 12:28:58

Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> Googling I found a thread "Boost.Threads. Anything happening?" (in July
> 2004) in comp.lang.c++.moderated that suggests there should be a
> development branch of the thread code that already supports this
> feature. Unfortunately I cannot find the right branch for it in the
> boost CVS (using the web CVS viewer). The thread_dev and
> thread_development branches I found do not appear to be the correct
> ones as they have not been changed for a very long time and the above
> mentioned thread suggests it would be a rather recently added feature.

Hmm. Which feature are you looking for?
 From your post I could not deduce this easily, altough I skimmed
through the referenced discussion at c.l.c++.mod.

> While I could add this feature myself for the platforms that I need, I
> would prefer to avoid duplicating work already done. Could someone
> point me where to find the branch referred to in the above mentioned
> comp.lang.c++.moderated thread?

Altough development seems to be slow at the moment, it by no way has
stalled.

Michael Glassford took up development where the original author
(B.Kempf) unfortunately left off.
If you think you have something interesting to contribute, I suggest to
try to contact him to coordinate work.

BTW.: The latest additions are in the thread_dev branch, altough it does
not even compile cleanly at the moment
I am afraid.

Roland