From: Richard Jennings (Richard.Jennings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-16 04:15:14

When testing my program using the Unit Test Framework I find that if the program fails an assert() it is aborted with the message "Abnormal program termination" and no more tests are run. Is this the expected behaviour?

The release notes for Boost.Test v1.30.0 say that a handler was added for SIGABRT (raised by abort() called by assert()) so I was expecting the test framework to catch this exception and report it in a similar way to a divide-by-zero error.

I have my code compiled in debug with Borland C++ Builder 6.0 running on Windows XP. The behaviour is the same whether the command line option --catch_system_errors=yes or no.

Richard