From: Matthew Johnson (musical.matthew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-17 15:21:42

I would like to study a gui application designed from the ground up
with modern C++ techniques and built on top of STL and Boost. Ideally
I am looking for an application that abstracts the system specific ui
components (windows, controls, etc) as much as possible.

The ideal application would:
        Implement significant, non-trivial functionality.
        Be elegant and efficient.
        Use modern C++ and implementation design techniques.
        Be built on top of STL and Boost.
        Use the best techniques for the job (metaprogramming, generic
programming, functional programming, oo, etc)
        Have source code available for study (not necessarily available for
legal use).
        Last but not least, a native Mac OS X application would be ideal.

Does anyone here know of any applications that meet these requirements?
  I have been studying modern C++ for a while now and would like to
study real world applications and uses of the these techniques and
libraries as a next step in this study.

Thanks,
Matthew