From: Jochen Hammann (jochen.hammann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-18 04:01:24

Joaquin M Lopez Munoz wrote:
> Hi Jochen,
>
> In conformant compilers, index constructors are protected and
> the error shows at compile time (try with GCC if you have
> it handy.) Unfortunately, these constructors have to be made
> public on those compilers for which the defect macro
> BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_FRIENDS is set: this includes all of the
> MSVC familiy, even the 8.0 version :(
>
> Other than that, have you experienced any difficulty, problem,
> do you have any suggestion for improvement? Users' feeback is
> much appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Joaquín M López Muñoz
> Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo

Hi Joaquín,

thanks for your reply.

As I wrote in the original mail, I am developing with the Microsoft Visual C++ 7.1 compiler.
Starting with the Boost.MultiIndex container, I wrote some examples to get familiar with the
container. After some problems with long symbol names (you have helped me in another thread) the
examples work very well. By using the Boost.MultiIndex container in my project, I encountered
internal compiler errors. I tried to reduce the symbol length by declaring new structs which derive
from the ordered indices and the key extractors, respectively, but this didn't help. Now, I am using
the member_offset<> extractor, which solves the problems. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce
the internal compiler error with some example code.

BTW: The Boost.MultiIndex is a great container.

Regards,

     Jochen.