From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-21 07:23:03

> The reason the code I sent "hangs" is because it's iterating over a
> zero length match.
> which consumes 0 characters of input per loop. I must do that once a
> year in any language I use, you think I'd learn huh?

If you'd used regex_iterator or regex_token_iterator then they would have
taken care of that special case for you, and it wouldn't have gone round and
round (Pavol: any reason why the string lib isn't using these internally?).

> If I can reproduce the segfault and I can't see why it's my fault, can
> I post that too? Or can we skip that and have y'all start channeling
> me the clues now. :)

Please do, make sure it's not down to referencing temporary objects after
they've gone out of scope (that's the most common cause of segfaults around
here).

John.