From: Hongyu Zhang (forward_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-25 21:10:54

I just downloaded boost package, but seemed not able to compile the
example programs.

My platform is Redhat Linux 7.3, compiler is gcc version 2.96

I followed the installation guide, downloade the boost package and
successfully compiled it. I install it to a directory called
/home/hzhang/tools/boost

Then when I tried to compile an example program, first.cpp, which
comes with boost, I type

$ g++ first.cpp -I/home/hzhang/tools/boost/include/boost-1_32/

It gave me this error

In file included from
/home/hzhang/tools/boost/include/boost-1_32/boost/program_options.hpp:15,
                 from first.cpp:9:
/home/hzhang/tools/boost/include/boost-1_32/boost/program_options/parsers.hpp:151:
parse error before `
>'

Did I miss any environmental variable set up or forget to include any
necessary paths in the command? Please highlight me, because I
cound't find even the simplest compiling command example from boost
web page.

Thanks a lot!

--
Hongyu Zhang