From: Duane Murphy (duanemurphy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-01 20:46:27

--- At Tue, 1 Feb 2005 16:18:14 -0800, Brian Neal wrote:

>I didn't think about using it when you have a function
>that takes a shared_ptr but you need to pass in this.

Before Boost I had my own version of shared pointer that used an
intrusive method. This was the most interesting part of using the
intrusive method.

The intrusive method allows you to move from shared_ptr to raw pointer
and back to shared pointer. This is not a common application of
shared_ptr which is why the non-intrusive version is so popular. But when
you need intrusive, you know you need it.

 ...Duane