From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-07 15:53:41

I use /Zm800 when building boost - including the serialization library

I've been unable to make the demo.cpp to compile and execute successfully on
msvc 6. Same problem as you have.

My test matrix does show demo_xml building a running as advertised.

The test matrix shows a fair number of failures for msvc 6 - its the
platform with the worst results. I had to spend a lot of time just get it
to pass as much as it does.

If you expect to make good usage of boost you should find a way to upgrate
to VC 7.1 - its much, much better in this context.

Robert Ramey