From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-07 18:27:08

I needed this facility for the serialization system. I couldn't find it
anywhere so I implemented my own version. I worked on it just enough to
make it adequate for my purposes. I'm sure it could be improved. I ran
into annoying problems in that it generated a lot of syntax errors with
borland compilers. On some gcc versions it issues warnings - which I
suspect are probably correct.

I think its utility and purpose are under appreciated. But it really needs
to be worked on some more to make a case for promoting it into more boost
usage.

Also this might be related to scaler<T, X> mentioned in another discussion -
I'm not sure - I'm just keeping the pot boiling. Blub, Blub, Blub ....

Robert Ramey