From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-13 06:18:24

Sadly that didn't help, and I'm still clueless. What it comes down to is
this: why are neither __GLIBCPP__ nor __GLIBCXX__ getting defined after
#including a standard lib header?

Just thrashing around here: what happens if you try and compile the
following test program with your "mingw on linux" install (don't bother with
native Linux results, I know what happens then anyway):

#include <utility>

#ifdef __GLIBCPP__
#error "__GLIBCPP__ is defined"
#endif

#ifdef __GLIBCXX__
#error "__GLIBCPP__ is defined"
#endif

If neither #error is triggered, then what happens if you replace the
#include <utility> with #include <string> ?

If neither #error is triggered can you mail be (via private email, *not* to
the list) the zipped-preprocessed source for the above program, again mingw
only, no need for a Linux version.

There's something very strange going on here for the std lib not to get
detected, I just can't see what it is.

BTW is the mingw install you're using available as an rpm or something? Is
this something that's easy to reproduce?

Thanks,

John.