From: Jan Eickmann (je_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-01 09:41:20

Hi,

I realized a weird behaviour when using boost::fsm.
Here's my state setup:

I have a parent state which has two substates. One is basicly a noop as
InnerInitial, the other is and OptionsDialog.
Now, in a custom_reaction's react function in the parent state, I call
transit<OptionsDialog> in order to go to the OptionsDialog-substate.
What happens is that the parentstate itself is destroyed and reentered,
then it enters the OptionsDialog state.
Something similar happens when I use transit<ParentState> to go back to
the ParentState (which should automatically enter the InnerInitial,
no?). It exits the OptionsDialog, then exits ParentState and reenters
ParentState (I haven't checked if it enters the InnerInitial).
If in the OptionsDialog, I do a transit<NoOpInnerInitial> it just goes
there without first destroying the parent-state (just exits
OptionsDialog but not ParentState).

Is this the expected behaviour, if so, could someone explain how to get
the desired behaviour?

Thanks,

Jan Eickmann