From: steve ahlgren (steveahlgren_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-03 15:19:33

Hello :

I have a question about boost::filesystem::path. My frustration level
is growing quickly because I'm getting exceptions when constructing
paths such as these :

boostfs::path searchPath( "d:/temp", boostfs::native );
boostfs::path searchPath( "d:/temp" );
boostfs::path searchPath( "d:\\temp", boostfs::native );
boostfs::path searchPath( "d:\\temp" );

Looking at the boost test files [at least some of] these appear to be valid.

The key seems to be in the method windows_name(...) in
path_posix_windows.cpp. This method searches through the array
invalid_chars[] which contains "<>:\"/\\|" ... hence the reason why
"d:" causes a failure?

I've rebuilt the source from the bjam files, tried compiling them into
my own code, compiled as a dll etc. to no avail ...

Could someone shed some light on this problem before I go even crazier?

Thank you kindly in advance;
Steve a.